FAA Advisory Circular 00-56 establishes a civil aircraft parts distributor accreditation system. This system involves voluntary industry oversight. The FAA strongly endorses participation in this system. FAA AC 00-56 lists ASA-100, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9120, AS9110 and TAC 2000.
The current revision of AC 00-56 is revision B; which was released on May 27, 2015 with an effective date of August 27, 2015.
For historical purposes:
Distributors become officially accredited to FAA AC 00-56 when they appear on the Voluntary Industry Distributor Accreditation Program Database. The Aviation Suppliers Association manages the database for the FAA.
How To Add Your Company:
Submission can be limited to 2 pages:
- A cover letter that meets the requirements of AC 00-56B (Appendix 2 is the sample letter). ASA has created a template letter that companies may use.
- A valid certificate, signed by the accreditation organization. The certificate must indicate that you met FAA AC 00-56B and an acceptable quality standard. For some ISO based filings this requirement will be fulfilled with a certificate for the ISO based standard and a certificate for FAA AC 00-56.
PREFERRED METHOD FOR SUBMITTING INFORMATION IS VIA EMAIL - QUICKER. MAIL AND FACSIMILE ARE ACCEPTABLE BUT PROCESSING DOES TAKE LONGER.
Submit your Database Letter and Certificate copy(s) via one of the methods below:
- Send Email (Use this link to forward your Database Letter and Certificate. The email button below is for questions only; it does not have the capability to include attachments.)
- Fax: +1 202-347-6894
- Mail To: Database Manager, Aviation Suppliers Association, 2233 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 503, Washington, DC 20007
The Database Manager will contact you if the submission does not meet the elements of FAA AC 00-56. To verify that your company information is listed correctly, go to the database listing. As per AC 00-56, ASA has up to 10 business days to update the listing. The listing is typically updated nightly.
* Only ASA can accredit a company to ASA-100.
** Use of any ASA trademark is restricted by ASA. Just because a company is listed on AC 00-56 database does NOT mean the company can use an ASA trademark. If you have any questions about permission to use an ASA trademark, email ASA.