Commitment to Impartiality and Confidentiality
ASACB places the highest importance on integrity and impartiality of its certification services. ASACB strives to achieve the highest levels of client confidence through competency of auditors and staff; openness regarding certification process and analysis; commitment to maintaining confidentiality where appropriate; high level of customer service and responsiveness; and conducting services in an impartial manner.
- ASACB recognizes that business relationships prosper when both parties work towards a common goal. To mitigate or eliminate any appearance of any conflicts of interest ASACB requires all audit staff and potential clients to declare any potential or real conflicts of interest.
- ASACB certification decisions are based on objective evidence of conformity (or nonconformity) and that its decisions are not influenced by other interests including financial returns or by other parties.
- ASACB does not provide any management system consultancy. If ASACB has provided internal audits to a client, then ASACB shall not provide certification to that client for at least two years after ASACB ceases providing internal audits. If the client is certified by ASACB, then client cannot have ASACB conduct internal audits. While two years is a mandatory threshold, ASACB shall extend the two year ban when necessary in order to protect against an unacceptable threat to its impartiality.
- ASACB does not promote the use of any third party consulting companies. ASACB does not support any statement made by any third party consulting company regarding ease of certification by using that consultant.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the certification process, the client must provide access to information and documentation needed in order to objectively assess their quality management system. ASACB shall provide client with the confidence that client confidential and proprietary information shall not be disclosed. ASACB has included protection regarding confidential information disclosure in the ASACB contract.
ASACB welcomes any comments or concerns regarding issues of impartiality or confidentiality. Comments, Concerns or issues should be related to ASACB.